University Senate IIT Committee
22 march 2011 11am
- 0. Our committee members -
CAL Ming-Hsiang Tsou; Business Bonsik Shin; Education Bob Hoffman;
Engineering Tom Impelluso; Health and Human Services Jong Won Min;
Imperial Valley Campus member-needed; Library Lisa Lamont;
PSFA Richard Burkett; Sciences Kris Stewart; Staff Lisa Heizer;
ITS James Frazee/Jim Julius; Acad Affairs, John Ross; CIO, Rich Pickett;
IT Sec Office John Denune/Felecia Vlahos; IT Managers, Tony Chung/Kevin Carter;
AS representative Nicholas Turner
- 0. Next Meeting - Spr2011 - 4th Thurs - 26Apr2011 request reuse AH1109?
- 1. Rich Pickett CIO, Update on Gmail for SDSU
Status of the changeover of email for the campus. Ming Tsou will add thoughts from his colleagues in CAL.
Recall, Rich Pickett and Kris Stewart presented to Senate 06April2010 email move to
CAL comments on gmail change
- 2. Response to University Senate C on C - still working on colating your feedback to John Ross' rough draft / Stewart draft2 sent to IIT committee
- 3. Details on Facebook and a grader from Kris Stewart
Kris had the situation of a student in one of her classes informing her that the student name was found on the www.scribd.com with grades - we have new Dept guidelines
Scribd is a social publishing site, where tens of millions of people share original writings and documents. Scribd's vision is to liberate the written word . Thanks to Felecia V. for helping handle this. Thanks to Jim Varnell to get the archived copies out of the Google history. This is an example of wide-networking causing problems.
- 4. James Frazee - Redefining the university experience
- James Frazee, ITS, would like to discuss new Apple opportunity.
- 5. Online resources - pipl.com
The most comprehensive people search on the web - including phone book entry - Glen Stewart (low profile) is found
- 6. IIT Committee Chair for next year? - nominations - elect in April?
- 7. Other issues from your part of campus?
- 8. ATI (we continue to work on C.O. Accessible Technology Initiative)
Last meeting 22feb2011
Spring 2010 meetings with agenda
Fall 09 IIT meetings with agenda
Spr 09 IIT meetings with agenda
Fall 08 IIT meetings with agenda
Back to Stewart's Home Page