CS 101 Meeting in BAM 120 Windows/PC Lab
K. Stewart / 20 March 02
- Today, we will follow up from Chapter 5 "System Software"
to use Windows 2000 BAM 120 lab to access the UNIX/Solaris8
- Start Menu - Select X-Win32
- Once this software signs on, you will notice an icon in the
lower right tool bar with a "stylized X". Use your mouse to select
then and click on "rohan"
- Be patient and you will see the X-Windows login for Rohan
- Enter your login and password for Rohan
- At the command line you can start up programs - first pine
Official SDSU student home page
- Rohan Guide to Make HomPage
- Please note the "Minimum Requirements" and how your page is listed on the campus-wide service.
- SDSU WWW policy
- Today (20Mar02), examine the official SDSU policy and ensure that your
page is following the "Minimum Requirements". Then update your personal web
page and send url to email@example.com before our next lab meeting -
- Last week - we you were asked to begin to work through the
BATS Web Site and BATS Web Page handouts to prepare your own
home page on Rohan.
Mar 13, BAM 120 Lab
Some students have sent me an email with their URL, but I now want
each student to revisit their page directly on Rohan and use the
Xwin access and pico on Rohan to edit the files in your
public_html directory to ensure it looks as you expect.
This URL: http://www.stewart.cs.sdsu.edu/cs101/lab20mar02_bam120.html