14November07 10am - Senate IIT Meeting - Fall 2007
Kris Stewart, Sciences;
Bongsik Shin, Business;
Vacancy, Staff; Tom Impelluso, Engineering;
Bob Hoffman, Education; Jong Won Min, Health and Human Services; ** New Keven Jeffery **, Library; Richard Burkett, PSFA; Mary Ann Lyman-Hager, CAL;
Javier Fajardo, IVC; James Frazee, Director of Instructional Technology Services; John Ross, Academic Affairs Information Technology Coordinator; Rich Pickett, Campus CIO;
John Denune/Felecia Vlahos/Information Technology Security Office (ITSO);
Kevin Carter, appointed member of campus Information Tech Managers Group;
Associated Students Rep - Andrew Fishman
(Room AH1120: thanks James Frazee for reserving)
Last Month's Meeting
Email of our topics
- 1. Schedule: Can we meet on Wednesday morning?
- Finals Week - last meeting for Fall 07 - 12Dec07 10am?
- 2. Meet new committee members, Keven Jeffery - his email signature
Keven Jeffery, MLIS
Digital Technologies Librarian
SDSU Library and Information Access
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego, CA 92182
T: (619) 594-3405
F: (619) 594-8982
and Andrew Fishman, Student Member appointed by AS
- 3. Note: Ethan Singer's recent (09nov07)
email announcing distance
courses this summer 08.
Policy consideration items? Ownership of classes? Other thoughts?
- 4. We need to make a report to the Senate on our activities -
due this afternoon to Senate Executive Committee (SEC). Your suggestions?
- 5. VMP document - update from your colleagues?
- Felecia provided a document listing the "shoulds"
and "musts" from the online draft VMP document
security.sdsu.edu/policy/VMP-1.2.pdf one of the documents from our Info Technnology Security Office
policy page. If we wish to
present anything to the University Senate, we have until 4:30pm today to
supply the memo to SEC (Senate Executive Committee).
Felecia said she would give a brief summary from NAC Security meeting
(05Nov07) of the recent breach at another CSU. A motivation for why
our campus needs to have the VMP in place and a rationale for Chancellor
Office insistence on an audit of our campus, likely this spring 08.
Instructional Academic Computing Committee,
IACC, represents our IT
staff colleagues who will implement the VMP in their area. Their
meeting is summarized.
- 6. Campus Accessibility of Academic Resources [continued from Spr07]
BFA's Web Site on Accessibility.
- Jim Julius has been attending the meetings and may have updates.
Background: Rich Pickett / Bonnie Zimmerman
presentation to University Senate Executive Committee in Jan07.
- 7. How are things at your college?
8. Our next meeting? - 12 December 2007 10am?
Return to Fall 07 agendas