10October07 10am - Senate IIT Meeting - Fall 2007
Kris Stewart, Sciences;
Bongsik Shin, Business;
Vacancy, Staff; Tom Impelluso, Engineering;
Bob Hoffman, Education; Jong Won Min, Health and Human Services; Ellie Dworak, Library; Richard Burkett, PSFA; Mary Ann Lyman-Hager, CAL;
Javier Fajardo, IVC; James Frazee, Director of Instructional Technology Services; John Ross, Academic Affairs Information Technology Coordinator; Rich Pickett, Campus CIO;
John Denune/Felecia Vlahos/Information Technology Security Office (ITSO);
Kevin Carter, appointed member of campus Information Tech Managers Group;
Associated Students Rep - Vacancy
(Room AH1132: thanks James Frazee for reserving)
Last Month's Meeting
Email of our topics
- 1. Schedule: Can we meet on Wednesday morning?
- our CoEng and CoEd member cannot join Thur afternoon meetings.
We need a regular meeting time to have student member.
- 2. VMP document
- Rich Pickett could you please address the role that faculty and staff should play in reviewing the VMP. Felecia provided a document listing the "shoulds"
and "musts" from the online draft VMP document
security.sdsu.edu/policy/VMP-1.2.pdf one of the documents from our Info Technnology Security Office
policy page. If we wish to
present anything to the University Senate, we have until 4:30pm today to
supply the memo to SEC (Senate Executive Committee).
- 3. What are the possibilities for an OutBack network for research?
- 4. Campus Accessibility of Academic Resources [continued from Spr07]
BFA's Web Site on Accessibility.
- Rich Pickett, our new member, perhaps he has an update on
Rich Pickett / Bonnie Zimmerman
presentation to University Senate Executive Committee in Jan07.
- 5. How are things at your college? [Continued from Spr07 discussions]
14Dec06 IACC meeting
- Are there issues we should we bring forward to the Senate?
- Challenger of getting timely feedback on status of exemption requests?
- User -> IT Support (Sciences Help Desk for Stewart) -> web form to
ITSO -> John Ross/Academic Affairs -> College Dean for approval ->
ITSO for firewall rule inclusion
- What about new equipment? GMCS 425 new lab and CS student accounts
- What about needed services?
- What did you learn from your IT support staff or colleagues about VMP draft?
- College of Arts & Letters ____________________________
- College of Business Adminstration ______________________________
- College of Education _________________________
- College of Engineering ___________________________
- College of Extended Studies _________________________
- College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts (PSFA) ________________________
- College of Sciences ________________________________
- IVC campus ___________________________
6. Our next meeting? - November? Stewart teaching MW noon-7pm (campus closed 22-23Nov07 Thanksgiving)
Return to Fall 07 agendas