University Senate IIT Committee
30 Nov 06 10am AH1120 (ITS)
- Update on Chancellor Office coded memo on Disabled Access to
- Bonnie Zimmerman, Assoc. V.P. for Faculty Affairs, has formed a
committee with K Stewart, Jim Julius, and Mary Shojai to draft a policy
that can be presented to the University Senate as the campus response
to the CSU C.O. coded memo on accessibility.
Cyndie Chie sent the url of the coded memo 05Oct06 to me:
- Scott Burns reports that the campus has hired a new
Sr. Director of Information Technology - Rich Pickett
www.educause.edu/content.asp?page_id=750&ID=29099&bhcp=1 for his
He begins his new position with SDSU on Friday,
01Dec06, and we hope to meet with him soon.
- Is your College Ready for the new Firewall Software?
- Your college IT support staff should be working with the individuals
of your college to provide the needed "pinhole" requests to John Ross, who
will collect and pass along to the campus Info Tech Security Office. The
deadline is nearly here.
- IST AUL forum Thursday 07Dec06 2:30pm LL-430
- Ellie Dvorak (a committee member) would like to invite us to consider meeting the candidate for the library postion.
ALU = Assistant University Librarian
IST = Information Systems and Technology
The appointment committee for the IST AUL position would like to invite you to a forum and reception on Thursday, December 7 at 2:30pm in LL-430. The candidate will speak on the topic "How can libraries best use technology to support our mission in a changing landscape?"
Richard Shaw, our candidate, is the director of student affairs information technology at CSU Northridge. Prior to that, he served as the senior director of technology for Herring Communications. His education includes a
Master's degree in knowledge management from CSU Northridge and a BA in history from CSU Fresno.
- Issues on Instructional and Information Technology from your College?
- Calendar for Next meeting?
- Jan 2007 / Feb 2007?
- Kris Stewart, Sciences
- Bongsik Shin, Business -yes
- Cyndi Chie, Staff
- Tom Impelluso, Engineering
- Bob Hoffman, Education
- Jong Won Min, Health and Human Services
- Ellie Dworak, Library - yes
- Richard Burkett, PSFA
- Mary Ann Lyman-Hager, CAL
- Javier Fajardo, IVC
- James Frazee, Director of Instructional Technology Services - no SF meeting (with jim j)
- John Ross, Academic Affairs Information Technology Coordinator
- John Denune/Felecia Vlahos/Information Technology Security Office (ITSO) [chosen by Elene Gibbs, VP Business Affairs] (felecia unable to attend)
- Kevin Carter, appointed member of campus Information Tech Managers Group - yes
- Associated Students Rep - Andrew Fishman - yes
Membership of all Senate Committees
Instructional and Information Technology
The Committee shall advise the administration and the Senate on instructional and information technologies.The Committee shall assist the Directors of Instructional Technology Services, the Library, the Academic Affairs Information Technology Coordinator, and other campus Instructional / Information Technology offices, with developing long-range master plans and shall review and make recommendations on the mission and services of ITS, the Library and Academic Affairs on instructional and information technologies. The Committee shall consider any matter referred by the Senate or by the administration of the University (and may consider, at its own discretion, other matters relating to instructional and information technologies at the campus and CSU system-wide levels.) The committee shall review and provide feedback on campus information technology initiatives as related to instruction, research and operational needs.