26Jan06 - First Meeting Senate IIT Committee - la073
- Congratulations on being a member of the new University Senate
Instructional & Information Technology Committee (IIT), adopted by
the University Senate on
13Dec05, authorized by President Weber 06Jan06 and now part of the
Policy File Updates for 2005-2006.
- Lets introduce the members:
- Chair: Kris Stewart, Sciences
- Hoffman, Bob, Education May 2006
- Shin, Bonsik, Business May 2008
- Impelluso, Tom, Engineer May 2008
- Jong Won, Min, HHS May 2006
- Burkett, Richard, PSFA May 2007
- Chie, Cyndi, Staff May 2006
- Dworak, Ellie, Library May 2007
- Lyman-Hager, Mary Ann, A & L May 2006
- Vacancy IVC May 2007
- still missing on www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~senate/committees/2005members.html#it
- AS Student Rep, Brian Likens
- new membership from 13dec05 now authorized update
- James Frazee, Director of Instructional Technology Services
- John Ross, Academic Affairs Information Technology Coordinator
- Information Technology Security Officer (ITSO) [chosen by Elene Gibbs, VP Business Affairs]
- Kevin Carter, appointed member of campus Information Tech Managers Group
- Calendar - Can we find a convenient time for next month's meeting? Where?
- John Ross will make a short presentation on Identity Management today
and is requesting our feedback.
- Letter to Deans and Department Chairs informing them of our new
campus policy and of the charge of the IIT committee.
- Stewart would like to send a short, simple letter to the Dean of
each College and to the Chair of the home department of each committee
member, formally informing them of the Campus Policy Change. Please
help by identifying the name/title of your "home department". Please
suggest additional names/titles for folks would should also be formally
We can include a copy of the SDSC 2006 Calendar, with lots of dramatic
images of activities in High Performance Computing.
- Bill Morris [College of Sciences Computer Help Desk] would like to
mention campus discussions on the Firewall that is being discussed
at NAC Security meetings. Requests our feedback.
- Mary Ann Lyman-Hager wants to speak to the topic of
Pod Cast in classrooms
- Kevin Carter wants to bring the recent campus announcement of
SANS trainining here at SDSU in Aug 06 for
computer systems adminstrators and others.
- Your thoughts?